Your role is essential to limit or even stop the progression of gingivitis. Quality oral hygiene and follow-up are essential. Here are some tips to curb the development of gum disease.
This will prevent gingivitis from progressing to periodontitis:
- As soon as the first symptoms of gingivitis appear , do not wait; make an appointment with your dentist who will refer you, if necessary, to a dentist specializing in the management of gum disease.
- Respect the rhythm of scheduled consultations and care, even if you no longer have symptoms.
- Between treatments, monitor the appearance of your teeth and gums: each time you brush, you can look at your teeth and gums yourself. Check for the absence of dental plaque (it is characterized by a white, pasty deposit on the teeth. It is thicker at the base, near the gums) and tartar (it is a hard dental deposit under the tongue). If the signs of gingivitis reappear despite treatment, it may be useful to consult again.
- Adopt good oral hygiene to avoid the formation of dental plaque. If your gums are bleeding , you should not stop brushing your teeth, on the contrary. On the other hand, do it more delicately using a soft toothbrush and make mouthwashes with an antimicrobial product at least once a day. Consult your pharmacist.
- Stop smoking: tobacco is an aggravating factor for gum disease . It intervenes as well in the appearance, as in the progression of the disease. This is why stopping smoking is strongly recommended.
- Eat a healthy diet: a balanced diet without snacking contributes to good general and oral health. Remember that bacteria in dental plaque like sweet products.
If you want a beautiful smile, then keep your teeth clean as healthy teeth assure healthy you and a beautiful smile.